[squid-users] How can I implement below scenario

From: Blason <blason16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:19:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Fellas,

I have a below scenario and wanting to achieve benefits of squid cache. Can
someone suggest how do i do it by putting squid in between?

Well I have AD set up with firewall on which I will be setting up
application controls and this firewall is integrated with AD. This firewall
does provide best in class security for application control/url filtering.
This firewall does offer proxy functionality but unfortunately does not
have caching functionality which would provide burden on my link. To avoid
this I m planning to put squid in between to avail the caching functionality
but in that case user data will not be forwarded to firewall and application
control can not take decision based on that.

If i dont integrate squid with AD only proxy ip will be forwarded and again
user or group based decision can not be taken. So, does any one have any
idea about implementation?

I was thinking about Parent and Child feature [cache_peer], will it work?

USER LAN [192.168.1.0]-------=========>[192.168.1.1 FIREWALL
20.20.20.20]========== INTERNET

SQUID Server [192.168.1.5]