Re: [squid-users] Squid 3 on Windows

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 03:19:37 +1200

On 20/06/2013 1:45 a.m., Jeff Warren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone had any success compiling a version of squid 3.1 or later for
> windows? I noted a section in the release notes for 3.1.0.1 which suggested
> it should be possible to compile with mingw/msys, but I ran into function
> redeclaration errors (it's possible there are some macro problems present).
> I tried another few 3.1.x versions too, without any success. Scouring around
> online hasn't yielded any downloadable binaries, so given that most people
> only care about squid on linux, I wondered if it has ever worked.
>
> If anyone's had success, please let me know, and if so, which version!

I would not go so far as to say it has ever worked as such. We have
managed to get an experimental branch of squid-3.HEAD going for mingw,
but only by disabling quite a few componets and we still suspect the
resulting binary will fail to work properly if actually run.

The changes made for those experiments are almost all in the mainstream
3.HEAD packages now. If you haev C++ skills and are able to assist with
the remaining issues please jump right on in. Patches welcome.

Amos