Re: [squid-users] Captive portal terminal server

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_squid.open.source.it>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:12:14 +0200

On Thursday 27 Jun 2013 at 19:06:45, Oliveiros Peixoto (Netinho) wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I would like to clarify some issues with you. I need to set up a captive
> portal for authentication of my users. I make this using External_acl
> program that getting user and ip in mysql. The problem is that now I
> have a windows server where multiple users use the terminal service and
> using any browser for navigation making it impossible to authenticate a
> user / ip. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Can't you just put:

userA / IPx
userB / IPx
userC / IPx

into the database, so that all the users are accepted as coming from the same
IP?

After all, what's the difference from a single PC where different users could
log on, but have the same IP address?

Antony.

--
You can spend the whole of your life trying to be popular,
but at the end of the day the size of the crowd at your funeral