[squid-users] How to tell if it is a true proxy

From: Geary, Brian W. <bgeary_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 17:15:58 +0000

I was wondering if there was a way to test if a proxy was a "true" proxy.

I have been told there is a filter proxy and a true proxy. The difference being that
the true proxy is more secure. I have been told that a true proxy has a barrier of some
sort or protocol shift within the proxy.

[b]True proxy[/b]: browser->proxy [barrier or protocol shift] proxy->remote site connection
[b]Filter proxy[/b]: browser->proxy -- proxy->remote site connection

Thanks
Brian