Re: [squid-users] Captive portal terminal server

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_squid.open.source.it>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 22:29:46 +0200

On Thursday 27 Jun 2013 at 22:13:39, Oliveiros Peixoto (Netinho) wrote:

> Antony the process is this!
>
> User goes to the captive portal.
> He enters with username and password, mysql stores it.
> In proxy external_acl get the ip that the user is logged through policy
> %SRC and checks which user in mysql with that ip.

Ah, if IP is the only thing passed on from the portal, and it does not pass on
the username as well, the of course you cannot distinguish between different
users on the same machine :(

> The problem is that several users enter the terminal server windows and
> each user enter with your proxy username in captive portal. When my acl
> search in mysql by %SRC he will get multiple users.

I do not think there is a way of setting different rules for different users
unless you pass the username as well as IP from the portal to the proxy.

Antony.

--
"I think both KDE and Gnome suck - I'm quite unbiased in that, because I use a
Mac."