[squid-users] Another Squid + OpenBSD + pf howto

From: Rob Sheldon <rob_at_associatedtechs.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 05:22:43 -0700

I finally got around to writing a howto for recent versions of
OpenBSD/Squid, following my trouble getting it working:

http://www.associatedtechs.com/library/setting-up-squid-on-openbsd/

Please let me know if there are errors, serious deficiencies, etc. --
I'd rather not contribute to bad documentation online.

The current version of the official Squid docs has an omission which,
on my setup at least, caused some problems. In
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/OpenBsdPf#NAT_Interception_proxy,
"http_port 3129 intercept" didn't work, but "http_port 127.0.0.1:3129
intercept" did. Not specifying the interface to listen on caused
"connection refused" errors; I'm not sure what's going on there, but the
README in the OpenBSD package also has the address:port syntax:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/www/squid/pkg/README-main?rev=1.5;content-type=text%2Fplain

Thanks,

- R.

--