Re: Fwd: [squid-users] store-id.pl doesnt cache youtube

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 23:58:12 +0300

On 07/08/2013 09:34 AM, Alan wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il> wrote:
>> try this if you want to try something new.
>> https://github.com/elico/squid-helpers/blob/master/squid_helpers/store-id.pl
>>
>> Eliezer
<SNIP>
Hey Alan,

I have just updated the StoreID wiki and my helper at the wiki to help
others understand the idea of the DB and since it should work I do not
see any problem with using it, just test it first a bit.
The next updates are at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID

my ruby helper:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID/Helper

And since your DB design is pretty simple It can be used even if just in
order to post new patterns at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID/DB

I will try my best at using this DB to post new patterns.

Notice that in this DB you can use "Many To One" which means that couple
sites\urls\patterns can refer to the same file which I have seen in the
past.
Couple very big sites refer to the same objects which has even a hash in
the url and for example:
http://www1.example.com/some_garbage_collection/MD5_HASH_OF_THE_FILE/some_more_garbage.hch?even_more_stuff
http://www.subdomain.super.server.example_test.net/MD5_HASH_OF_THE_FILE/some_more_garbage.exe?even_more_stuff

That you can refer to as only the "http://hash_db.squid.internal/md5_hash"