Fwd: [squid-users] store-id.pl doesnt cache youtube

From: Alan <lameventanas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 15:34:13 +0900

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il> wrote:
> try this if you want to try something new.
> https://github.com/elico/squid-helpers/blob/master/squid_helpers/store-id.pl
>
> Eliezer

Hi Eliezer,

I read your script, and I have a suggestion.
How about you store the matching urls in a separate file or database?
That way the script would remain the same even if some website changes
their url scheme. When the squid admin wants to update the file/db he
can just issue squid -k reconfigure and the script would reload the
file/db.

I just came up with this simple script, based on yours. I haven't
tested it though, since 3.4 head segfaults for me (btw, which revision
are you using?).

The invocation for my script should be, for example:
store_id_program /etc/squid/storeid.pl /etc/squid/storeid.txt

By the way, thanks for your contributions in this mailing list, they
are very helpful.

Best regards,

Alan

PS: Had to resend to the mailing list because it doesn't allow attachments.
Here are the attachments:

storeid.pl script:
http://pastebin.ca/2420563

storeid.txt file: