Re: [squid-users] Memory leaks in squid 3.3.5?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 23:03:59 +0300

Hey Alex,

I am unsure about the reason of breakage of these sites since I have
never used squid SSL-BUMP else then compiling it yet.
Claiming it's a specific version of OpenSSL is quite a claim.
If you have tried with another version I would say you can claim it.

I would say that breaking any full duplex protocol is always seems like
a bad idea to me.
I have seen other systems that *breaks* and bump ssl connections like
gmail and other sites.
And since I have seen other software *results* I would say the reason is
probably not OpenSSl directly but I cannot prove it yet.

I do hope that you can give examples to sites that do not play well with
SSLBump so I and others can test it.
If we test we can try to fix and debug it.
Please take your time and give a list of sites that can be tested which
are not banks or money originations to make sure that the root and
source of the problem with SSL-BUMP is one way or another solvable.

If you can take a sec to file at http://bugs.squid-cache.org/ it will
help the project a lot.

Thanks,
Eliezer