Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid only caches a few images and TCP_Miss everything else

From: squidblacklist <webmaster_at_squidblacklist.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:03:04 -0700

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
"jc.yin" <jc.yin.cn_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried the method, but the thing is, I'm using a remote ubuntu
> server to test Squid and as a result I probably won't be seeing the
> results like you described, since that most likely requires a local
> server. However it does seem to load a bit faster, but not that much
> since its still fetched from externally.
>
> Do you have any other suggestions of testing Squid? Is it possible to
> view any of the files Squid has cached?
>
> Also, does TCP_HIT only show up if the cached contents are served from
> Squid's disk and not from memory?

What? No local squid proxy? Everyone needs a local squid
proxy/cache. :P

I guess you could use a cache manager, like webmins squid modules, or
cache-manager cgi. Personally when I get the bug to check, I just tail
the log file and check disk usage from time to time.

I believe the answer is that

TCP_HIT/200 is from disk cache

TCP_MEM_HIT/200 is "hot item" from memory cache

--
Signed,
Fix Nichols