Re: [squid-users] Re: Chunked and Range header support

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 01:02:23 +1200

On 18/07/2013 11:01 p.m., anita wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> Thanks for the reply. So I understand that squid ver 3.1 will also do a
> complete decode of THAT chunk it had received from server (there may be many
> more waiting in the queue) and then encode it if necessary before sending it
> to client. Am I correct?
> Btw I noticed that some of the error respones like "416" are sent as chunked
> response. Why is that as it is after all an error message which is pretty
> small?

Depends entirely on whether the content length is known before sending
the headers. Error pages generated by Squid usually are, but not
necessarily. If the headers + template + template macros expanded to
more KB than the output buffer could hold for example, squid has no
choice by to stream them out. If it is happening on very small responses
(under 64KB), that is a bug.

Amos