[squid-users] request_header_access & request_header_replace

From: Dave Burkholder <dave_at_thinkwelldesigns.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 19:21:59 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm running an ICAP client that can't read sdch content encodings so I
want to strip those headers out. (I realize this is mostly an edge case
anyway, but never mind that for now).

I have these rules to strip out the Accept-Encoding header if it
contains sdch.

acl sdch req_header Accept-Encoding [-i] sdch

request_header_access Accept-Encoding deny sdch

What is the relationship between request_header_access and
request_header_replace?

If I want to strip sdch and allow gzip, would the following ruleset
accomplish this?

acl sdch req_header Accept-Encoding [-i] sdch

request_header_access Accept-Encoding deny sdch

request_header_replace Accept-Encoding Accept-Encoding: gzip

Does the request_header_replace only fire if request_header_access
actually matched?

Thanks,

Dave