[squid-users] Squid 3.2.1 Reverse Proxy. TCP_MISS/403 suddenly appearing for one cache peer.

From: PSA4444 <sima_yi_at_operamail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 21:37:14 -0700 (PDT)

I am running a squid reverse proxy in a DMZ which allows the outside world to
access several websites I am hosting. One of these websites is a nagios
server.

Everything has been working well for months but this morning, users were not
able to access the nagios site.

Nobody has changed anything on either server for months. This is being
logged in access.log:

xx.xx.xx.xx TCP_MISS/403 680 GET http://nagios.blah.com/nagios -
FIRSTUP_PARENT/yy.yy.yy.yy text/html
xx.xx.xx.xx TCP_MISS/403 680 GET http://nagios.blah.com/favicon.ico -
FIRSTUP_PARENT/yy.yy.yy.yy text/html

xx.xx.xx.xx = source IP
yy.yy.yy.yy = unknown ip

Relevant entry:

#Nagios
cache_peer nagios.blah.com parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=nag
login=PASSTHRU
acl sites_nag dstdomain nagios.blah.com
cache_peer_access nag allow sites_nag firstclient
cache_peer_access nag allow sites_nag secondclient
cache_peer_access nag deny publicall
acl https proto https
http_access allow all

I have a hosts file entry pointing the squid server to the local nagios
server.

10.0.1.23 nagios.blah.com

Connecting directly to this via squid using the links browser works.
Connecting directly to the nagios server via firefox within the network also
works.
I have tried restarting squid and the apache service on the nagios server.

Any idea what's wrong, why this suddenly started happening and how to fix
it?