Re: [squid-users] Evaluating SQUID performance

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 18:43:54 +1200

On 25/07/2013 6:30 p.m., John Joseph wrote:
> HI All
>
> My Sincere thanks to Amos,Eliezer,Firas,Henrik
>
> Based on your advice, I have decided to try out
>
> squidclient
> calamaris
> msar
> web-polygraph
> Right now trying with squidclient, trying out its options and trying to understand.
FYI: there is not much squidclient options related to what you are
needing. It is just a fetch client like wget - but able to pull out
Squid cachemgr self-reports of the performance.

> I have another idea which sprang up, I plan to document my test and write a How to do, aiming not for squid proffesionals, but aiming for people like me, who had just tried out squid

That would be a great addition to our benchmarking pages thank you. All
the proper external performance benchmarking references we have so far
are so old they are almost embarassing to point people at.

Amos