[squid-users] caching failed tcp connects to destination ips

From: Dieter Bloms <squid_at_bloms.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:52:24 +0200

Hi,

we use ipv4 and ipv6 tcp protocol for our outgoing interface.
The most sides are accessable via ipv6, if a AAAA Record is available,
so ipv6 works great in most cases.

Some sides like http://www.hsp-steuer.de/ announce ipv6 records, but are
not accessable via ipv6.

Is it possible that squid notice this fail so that future request will
go to ipv4 directly and the user doesn't have to wait for the long
tcp timeout every time ?
Maybe with a timestamp, so that it will be refreshed after x hours.

--
Best regards
  Dieter