Re: [squid-users] 3.4.0.1 dnsreq statistics question

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt_at_charite.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:33:14 +0200

* Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>:

> Well not related to squid directly but yes it can be possible since in
> the INTERNET there are a lot of packets that just drops..

But that hasn't changed... I should have observed the same "drops"
before going to 3.4.x - looking at the numbers right now:

30 requests/s
20 replies/s

That would mean 33.3% percent unanswered queries. At the same time the
IP Cache hits&misses and FQDN cache hits&misses statistics look like
before.

> > We're using a local cache on all proxies.

> DNS cache???

Yep.

> Try to force the DNS server to bind specific port to differentiate the
> PROXY requests to the DNS requests..

The proxy is the only program quering the local DNS server. It's bound
to 127.0.0.1

I'm looking at the query.log, but I'm not seeing any queries to .local
names at all.

Maybe some new code path is not adding to the statistics?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebrandt_at_charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin