Re: [squid-users] 3.4.0.1 dnsreq statistics question

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:41:40 +0300

On 07/30/2013 05:33 PM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> The proxy is the only program quering the local DNS server. It's bound
> to 127.0.0.1
>
> I'm looking at the query.log, but I'm not seeing any queries to .local
> names at all.
>
> Maybe some new code path is not adding to the statistics?
Like what?
OK so the dns only queryies are not the .local ons??
in this case you can start monitoring your network infrastructure to
make sure what happens just to make sure that the infrastructure works fine.
it's a simple task.. and it will make a stronger argument then just
plain old statistics.
it would have long history.
Do you see any real life threatening situation that it can affect.. the
DNS dropping packets? I think that the F5 or CTRL-F5 keys should be
right there to make sure what ever problems are outhere should be enough
for most users cases.

Eliezer