Re: [squid-users] squid with workers not accepting connections

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 15:38:48 +1200

On 9/08/2013 2:04 p.m., Romeo Mihalcea wrote:
> I just upgraded to squid 3.3.8 to take advantage of the workers and
> split the load between CPUs. Since I never worked with workers and the
> documentation or examples are lacking I thought I start by simply
> adding workers 2 to my config.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SmpScale is pretty comprehensive
for the unless you are interested in coding on the SMP features, even
this it is the required reading.

Pay attention to the "What_can_workers_share?" section details, and
"Troubleshooting" and check of any of the known issues are relevant to
your proxy before using workers in production. Most of them have
workarounds but we are not widely publishing those due to the rather
fluid nature of the config hacks requried. A post here asking about
particualr issues will usually get a response.

> Squid start with no error but the clients can't connect to the
> http_port. If I remove the workers line everything works allright.
> Anything else I should change to have it go?
>
> P.S. I changed nothing else from a working config. Just added: workers 2

Do you have a very large cache? if the workers take too long to load
they may have trouble registering with the coordinator process to
retrieve the listening socket details.

cache.log might have more info to assist with debugging.

Amos