[squid-users] Re: Forcing Windows Automatic Updates to us Proxy - Question about FAQ

From: HillTopsGM <emailgregagain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:06:48 -0700 (PDT)

Helmut / Amos, Thanks for the help.
If I may repeat back to you in my own words (and ask a question) to make
sure that I understand what it is that is being said:

*Question 1:* I do not actually have to run these command lines UNLESS it
appears that Windows is not using the proxy - is that correct?

*Question 2:* I just ran proxycfg at the CMD Prompt on a Windows 7 Machine
and the response that I got was:
(QUOTE)
'proxycfg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
programor batch file.
(END QUOTE)
Would I be correct in assuming that Windows 7 machines are not able to take
advantage of those commands, or did I do something wrong?

Thanks again for the assistance.