[squid-users] squid deployment in 6Gbit network with tproxy as L2 bridge.

From: Pawel Mojski <pawcio_at_pawcio.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:47:18 +0200

Hi Guys;

I have some intresting deployment scenario. I have to install squid
box(es) as L2 bridge in 10Gbit network with 6Gbit amonunt of traffic in
peak.
Squid is used to forward traffic to our ecap adapter. Ofcourse it's
impossible to handle that traffic amount on one box.
So, how to deploy it? I imagine such scenario. The first will be
"balancer", it will be a linux box with 2 10gigs cards. Then, the
"balancer" have to somehow redirect traffic to a squid boxes.
My first thought was to use wccpv2 protocol, but I have figured that
wccp router mode is very weakly supported on linux. I've found only two
projects, one writen in C from 2002 and one in python from 2011.
So, do you have any suggestions how to forward traffic to squid boxes?
The main thing is to provide source-ip spoofing functionality and have
only one bridge in 10gig network.
Squid boxes will be connected to the balancer seperate interfaces over
separate switch.

Thanks in advance for further ideas.

Best Regards;
Pawel Mojski