Re: [squid-users] Re: cache_dir size v.s. available RAM

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 15:28:38 +1200

On 22/08/2013 5:59 a.m., HillTopsGM wrote:
> That's really interesting!
>
> I'll look into it a little closer, however, I already have the hardware, and
> there is the potential to use the system for other program updates within
> the network.
>
> I thought that I'd /start/ by focusing on something like Windows Updates,
> with the idea that I could expand upon that later.

Unfortunately Windows updates is one of the harder ones, since the
updater fetches Ranges inside the CAB files for each update.
Most other updates just download whole files. In a lot of instances you
will find them already caching without needing to do anything at all but
pass traffic to the proxy.

Amos