[squid-users] Re: defined localnet to mean your local clients ???

From: HillTopsGM <emailgregagain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 01:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

Ok,
I have added this line of code

> acl localnet src 192.168.1.0/24

just above where it lists all the safe ports.

It appears to restart ok with these 2 lines enabled now.

*http_access allow CONNECT wuCONNECT localnet
http_access allow windowsupdate localnet*

Now I thought I might try a test (not with windows yet); I tried to download
an Nvida Driver 223 MB.
I did that on one machine, and once that was complete, I tried it on another
machine . . . it does not appear to be coming from the proxy cache as it is
not any faster.

To be sure I was going through the proxy I set windows explorer connections
to 192.168.1.6 and port 8080 on both machines. and I even changed the last
http_access setting to:

> http_access deny all

. . . to make sure it was going through the proxy - and it was because web
access was blocked until I changed it back to

http_access *allow* all

I tried a smaller file by downloading the latest Firefox install file (about
21 MB) and that was no faster either.

I have a fairly advance router (MikroTik RB450G) that shows all the data
going in & out the WAN cable. It was definitely not drawing from the proxy
the 2nd time.

Any Ideas why it is not caching