[squid-users] Upgrading squid and cache

From: Matthew Ceroni <matthewceroni_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:38:32 -0700

Hi:

I recently tried to update to the latest squid (3.8.1) from (3.1.1
that is available in CentOS). On secondary proxy servers that had no
cache, upgrading went fine.

However on the main physical proxy that has cache drives configured
squid said it started up (port was listening) but would not service
any requests. I noted in the cache.log file a reference to bug 3441
and something about rebuilding the cache.

Is there an upgrade process I have to do on the cache? Again, squid
appeared to be listening but did not service any requets.