[squid-users] Reiser vs etx4

From: Alfredo Rezinovsky <alfredo_at_fing.uncu.edu.ar>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 07:35:50 -0300

In the page reccomends reiserfs. So I tried to set up a squid for
200Mbps squid using reiser and squid 3.3

I had a problem, every five to ten minutes, the system freezes and the
bandwith drops to a half for about 10 seconds.

I tried tuning squid in many ways. And I noticed reiser flushes the
buffers all at a time, freezing the I/O, I suppose even the network I/O.
The solution was to reformart the cache disks using ext4 (noatime an
so). Now the proxy runs smoothly.

I know there should be a reason for recomending reiser in the 1st place
but I had very bad experience with it.

Also... I know people leaving linux in favor of BSD to be able to use
zfs. Anyone knows the status and usability of zfs in linux ?

--
Alfrenovsky