[squid-users] Re: Login on WWW page fails - without proxy there's no problem

From: uners <r.schroth_at_unexpected.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 02:54:58 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Amos for the details - I'll give Debian 8 with 3.3.8 a try, as soon as
I'm less busy.

The support team of the site confirmed me that they use a *non-transparent*
proxy. They further told me that they think my proxy had problems with https
as their login uses it.

Generally, my proxy has no problems with HTTPS connections - HTTPS is being
bypassed and so far there weren't problems with it.

If you open their portal page in your web browser, it is *not* HTTPS.
If you connect without proxy or with non-transparent proxy, the login works
and afterwards the page is still *not* HTTPS.
So, if just the credentials are being transferred in HTTPS, my assumption
would be that some kind of redirection function cannot handle this
HTTP/HTTPS-mixture.

The following are my IPTABLES rules:

Next, the squid.conf: