[squid-users] caching for 60 minutes, ignoring any header

From: Ron Klein <solution_at_ronklein.co.il>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 06:01:48 +0300

Hi,

I'm trying to cache all favicons files, named favicon.ico, located
always in the root of the web site (when they exist, of course)
I would like to ignore any caching instruction originates from the
(real) web server response headers.
For instance, if I get the "last modified" header, I'd like to ignore it.
I want the caching policy to be purely "mine".

I use Squid 3 on Ubuntu 12.04 .
I created the following instruction in the configuration file:
refresh_pattern -i ^http(s?)://.*/favicon.ico$ 60 0% 60
ignore-private override-expire override-lastmod ignore-no-store

My question:
Is this the correct instruction? I think not, since I get "HIT" response
headers even after one hour of caching.

Thanks!