Re: [squid-users] Unwanted DNS queries

From: T Ls <tls_at_pries.pro>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:04:39 +0200

Hi,

Am 24.9.2013 23:38, schrieb Eliezer Croitoru:
> On 09/24/2013 03:56 PM, T Ls wrote:
>> What kind of reconfigure do you mean?
> The plain command of "squid -kreconf".

This changed nothing.

> From your previous mail it seems like these dns queries are new..
> SO you are not aware of the existence of these requests before the
> last
> few days.

That's right, these dns queries may have been there before, but I
noticed there existens first on monday (I did not expect them => I did
not looked for them). On monday someone (higher-ranking department)
played around with the dns servers and the dns replys took much longer
than usual, so squids delay was much greater => users complained.

On tuesday, the dns servers behaves as usual, users did not complain
anymore, but the dns queries are still there (but there influence on
squids delay is much smaler).

> ...> Once we do have the debug_options that Amos wanted to see we
> could then
> understand in a way the source of the queries which shouldn't be
> there
> from first glance at the squid.conf.

Ok, thanks so far.

Thomas