Re: [squid-users] Unwanted DNS queries

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:46:05 +0300

Hey,

This is indeed the issue I was aiming at..
It was never looked at before since nobody never seen this problem
before If I am right.
So I have a suggestion.
Instead of just shooting at it we have the test "subject" in hands.
The latest stable version of squid is 3.3
We can do run a basic test out of the production environment to make
sure that we can reproduce the issue.

Amos do we have a QA\BUG_TEST section in the bugzilla?
This way we can look at a bug and classify it as a testing bug and close
the issue with a more detailed report??

Back.. The issue is that the DNS did not responded fast enough to squid.
Since it's not a bug that actually has a ground that affect a
working(fully functional) network infrastructure I would say it's less
of a bug but more of an issue that needs to be tested at 3.1 3.2 3.3 and
3.4 to make sure that it will be a *known bug* to make sure that in a
case of a problem there will be an answer.