Re: [squid-users] squid with dansguardian

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 00:48:47 +0300

Hey Stefano,

Since it's squid mailing list I would say that squid works and it's good.
The main problem is filering?
In your case I would also add a dns cache service such as BIND(named)
just to add a small feature to the service.

I do not remeber if DnasGuardian support transparent\interception but
you better use DG as a second level\layer proxy chained to squid.
squid listens on port 3129 in intercept mode and 3128 in forward
proxy(regular) mode.
and.. use the cache_peer in squid.conf to forward the request into DG.
bind DG to 127.0.0.1 with port 8080.

This wiki page explains what I am taslkning about with pictures to
illustrate it:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CacheHierarchy?highlight=%28cache_peer%29

There are couple examples in the wiki.
try the above and If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Eliezer