Re: [squid-users] Re: Help Squid 3.4.0.2 ytimg

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 22:10:45 +0300

On 10/13/2013 08:15 PM, calode wrote:
> Eliezer ,
>
> you are absolutely right it matched refreshCheck: Matched '<none> 0 20%%
> 259200'
> but I got a MISS/200 again : TCP_MISS/200 14169 GET
> http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/pMr5W4bCP8s/mqdefault.jpg
OK so there is a need to ignore no-cache and no-reload etc.

> I am not sure if you are getting MISS/304 on your side , and I didn't really
> understand if you got anything
> from the previous logs !? .

304 is a request from the client to validate that the cached object in
the browser cache (which was altered by squid) is the current object.
I means that if a file size is 30k or even more the only *on the wire*
data was the headers of the request and response which cannot be 30K(in
a real world scenario).

> what do you mean (I have just seen something nice in the ETAG headers while
> reading some
> stuff. ) ? .
There is a revalidation by ETAG and there is a way to define a domain
specific ETAG using ICAP service..
like "all subdomains of .c.youtube.com has common ETAG and there for
revalidation can be done of ETAG is ok in a case of a subsomain like
.c.youtube.com"

you can try these settings:
refresh_pattern ^https?://(ytvid|youtube|ytimg)\.squid\.internal/.*
10080 80% 28800 override-expire ignore-reload ignore-private
ignore-must-revalidate ignore-reload ignore-no-store

with StoreID patterns
^http:\/\/i[0-9]+\.ytimg\.com\/(.*\.jpg)
http:///ytimg.squid.internal/$1
^http:\/\/.*\.c\.youtube\.com\/videoplayback\?.*(id\=[a-zA-Z0-9\-\_]+).*\&(itag\=[0-9]{2,3}).*\&(range\=[0-9]+\-[0-9]+).*
       http://ytvid.squid.internal/$2$&$1&$3
^http:\/\/.*\.c\.youtube\.com\/videoplayback\?.*(itag\=[0-9]{2,3})\.*\&(id\=[a-zA-Z0-9\-\_]+).*\&(range\=[0-9]+\-[0-9]+).*
      http://ytvid.squid.internal/$1$&$2&$3

which sould be OK for you.
it gives HARD TCP_HIT for videos which I do think not really needed in
all cases.

Eliezer