Re: [squid-users] Newbie Help - Is this Possible?

From: Aaron Wright <wright_left_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 11:11:48 -0700 (PDT)

> Just set your browser's proxy setting to the Squid proxy (which has internet access), and you are done.

Yeah, I think my problem was that I didn't know the squid box needed internet access. I thought it would just pick up packets, look at where they are going, decide if it already had that information in the cache, if it did, it would drop the packet and send a reply to the one who sent it, and if it didn't, just put the packet back on the wire, so no one was the wiser. The packet would just continue on like nothing happened. Then squid would see the response to that packet in a moment and cache that if it wanted to for next time. I don't think that is possible though.
 about iptables, tproxy, routers or anything fancy.