Re: [squid-users] Newbie Help - Is this Possible?

From: Aaron Wright <wright_left_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 11:07:14 -0700 (PDT)

> But if you place it so that the traffic flows through the proxy between the router it still has to be aware of routing, it has to know who it's clients and servers are.

Hmm. At that point, squid would only have one client, right? The router. And the servers would be whoever the router was sending the packet to in the first place. That's the part I don't yet understand, but it seems as if everyone agrees that the squid box needs to be setup to access the internet. I was hoping to pull off something more transparent, but I might have been dreaming.

> I'd say the easy way to do this is to put it inside your private network and point the PCs to use it as proxy or configure your router to use it.

If I was using DD-WRT on my router, what settings should I be looking at to redirect internet traffic to squid. And I assume I don't want to redirect internet traffic from squid. I can't think of how to do that off the top of my head.