Re: [squid-users] get information about download/upload

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 23:53:40 +1300

On 21/10/2013 11:30 p.m., ana any wrote:

> hi,
> i have squid3.3.9. i want to know if it can give me any
> statistics about amount of downloading or uploading for each user in a
> period of time(1day, week, etc).
>
> Thank you and kind regards

What is a "user" ? HTTP contains no such concept. Squid retains a small
dynamically aged DB of recently seen clients. But this is indexed
per-machine so there is little relation to human users there.

Some of the log processors available provide such reports, but they
depend on authentication systems marking each transaction with a user
name label.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Misc/log-analysis.html

Amos