Re: [squid-users] get information about download/upload

From: ana any <shangool_h4_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 02:13:21 -0700 (PDT)

thanks guys for your reply
i authenticate my users by digest and want to limit them by check their total using of bandwidth.
Is it possible to use the output of one of log analysis softwares?

On Monday, October 21, 2013 2:23 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

On 21/10/2013 11:30 p.m., ana any wrote:

> hi,
> i have squid3.3.9. i want to know if it can give me any
> statistics about amount of downloading or uploading for each user in a
> period of time(1day, week, etc).
>
> Thank you and kind regards

What is a "user" ? HTTP contains no such concept. Squid retains a small
dynamically aged DB of recently seen clients. But this is indexed
per-machine so there is little relation to human users there.

Some of the log processors available provide such reports, but they
depend on authentication systems marking each transaction with a user
name label.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Misc/log-analysis.html

Amos