Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3 just freezes on FreeBSD 9.2

From: dweimer <dweimer_at_dweimer.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:45:14 -0500

On 10/23/2013 9:25 am, Timothy Makobu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Squid is a transparent proxy receiving redirects via PF.
>
> cache.log shows this before squid freezes: http://sprunge.us/MGQA
>
> Here is my squid.conf: http://sprunge.us/FeAR
>
> How do I fix this?
>
> regards,
> Tim

Is this an issue at start up? Or does it run for a while then freeze?
I have only updated one system to 9.2 that I am running squid on so far,
but its just my home system that I use to test with for a while before
rolling out to servers at work, so its under a light load.

I am running with "cache_dir ufs" instead of "cache_dir diskd", so
perhaps its a diskd problem with 9.2, it may help to include information
on your "/squid/cachedir" file system as well. Does your
/var/log/messages log file or dmesg output report anything at the time?

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer