Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid naps each 3600 seconds !

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 07:19:53 +0200

On 10/25/2013 01:22 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 10/24/2013 11:13 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
>> Out of curiosity,
>> What squid Digest content is?
>> What the Digest rebuild does?
>> Let say an ICP\HTCP request can reflect the Information inside the digest?
>

> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CacheDigests
OK So now we have the other problem:
ICP is causing the lookup but it will not so called NAP the squid instance.
So we need to see more statistics on this specific digest since it can
be a slow HDD or another issues that causes the digest to be very slow.
"squidclient mgr:store_digest" or
"http://PROXY_IP:FORWARD_PORT/squid-internal-mgr/store_digest" should
give more.
using the "http://PROXY_IP:FORWARD_PORT/squid-internal-mgr/refresh" we
should see how is the HTCP\ICP load would be compared to DIGEST.

Can you share some more information on this machine "Horses" ?
The above can be a key to identify couple very direct things that
results the slow speed of the process.
Also regular statistics list of
"http://PROXY_IP:FORWARD_PORT/squid-internal-mgr/info" can give some
more understanding of the situation.