Re: [squid-users] Re: kid2| WARNING: disk-cache maximum object size is unlimited but mem-cache maximum object size is 32.00 KB

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 07:36:55 +0200

OK so assuming it's a cache there is a limit you should force in order
to prevent DOS or DDOS attacks that will consume all your valuable
resources.
Let start from 0.
You want to test SMP? OK
remove all the notes in the squid.conf because it's distracting the sole
purpose of reading these configuration file.
 From there more people will be able to read and understand the problem.
For all the backends you will want different visible host name..
assuming you are allowing everybody to do the cache then it's pretty
simple to remove all these localnet acls etc.
We are talking only on http not CONNECT so just block all of them as a
starter.
try to use the configuration of the backend in main squid.conf since it
has only couple lines that really needed.

Once all the configuration will be in order and cleaned I will be able
to take a better look at it.
a small sed\grep should do the trick.
# sed -r '/^(\s*#|$)/d;' squid.conf

Eliezer