[squid-users] Re: how enhance browsing quality for top ten sites on my squid ??!!

From: Dr.x <ahmed.zaeem_at_netstream.ps>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 17:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

Alex Rousskov wrote
> On 11/01/2013 01:26 PM, Dr.x wrote:
>
>> from cache manager we have top ten sites ,
>>
>> my question is how to let squid optimize those sites ??
>>
>> as an example , i mean how to let squid use cache mem for cahcing them
>> not
>> use cache dir ???
>

> You may experiment with the memory_cache_mode directive, but most likely
> the default is what you want. The two caches (memory and disk) are not
> exclusive of each other -- the same entry may be in both caches at the
> same time. Squid will use the [faster] memory cache when it can.
>
> If you verified that a popular object is usually returned from disk
> while your memory_cache_mode and memory cache size restrictions allow
> for that object to be cached and preserved in memory, then there is
> probably a bug somewhere.
>

> HTH,
>
> Alex.

hi Alex,
agian ,
modifying cache mem is just a suggestion from me , it is not mandatory to be
done , but im asking if i have top ten sites ,

which methods i can do to enhance browsing these-sites and make caching
better ?

thats it !

is it better to longer the object timeout for specific sites ? """ just a
suggestion from me , and may be wrong """

-----
Dr.x