Re: [squid-users] how enhance browsing quality for top ten sites on my squid ??!!

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 17:14:03 -0600

On 11/01/2013 01:26 PM, Dr.x wrote:

> from cache manager we have top ten sites ,
>
> my question is how to let squid optimize those sites ??
>
> as an example , i mean how to let squid use cache mem for cahcing them not
> use cache dir ???

You may experiment with the memory_cache_mode directive, but most likely
the default is what you want. The two caches (memory and disk) are not
exclusive of each other -- the same entry may be in both caches at the
same time. Squid will use the [faster] memory cache when it can.

If you verified that a popular object is usually returned from disk
while your memory_cache_mode and memory cache size restrictions allow
for that object to be cached and preserved in memory, then there is
probably a bug somewhere.

HTH,

Alex.