Re: [squid-users] Re: load tpoxy wccp on multiple interfaces by smp ?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 13:53:47 +0200

On 11/03/2013 12:41 PM, Dr.x wrote:
> hi amos ,
>
> wts the maximum req/sec squid with smp of 24 cores cpu can handle in my case
> ?
Just wondering to myself, what is the CPU of the machine?
it's not about maximum but rather using this amount of CPU..
you will need lots of workers to handle these cores so if you do have a
SMP that works on these CPU I would start with 3 workers to make sure I
understand how it all fits together and then go up into the 10 cores...
since each worker should be able to take about 900 requests per sec.
6000 users will be a lot of traffic that should be added little by
little to see how the load is balanced over the CPU HDD etc.
Note that the cachemgr interface can give you couple good statistics to
get started with.

Regards,
Eliezer