[squid-users] Re: load tpoxy wccp on multiple interfaces by smp ?

From: Dr.x <ahmed.zaeem_at_netstream.ps>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 04:25:03 -0800 (PST)

Eliezer Croitoru-2 wrote
> On 11/03/2013 12:41 PM, Dr.x wrote:
>> hi amos ,
>>
>> wts the maximum req/sec squid with smp of 24 cores cpu can handle in my
>> case
>> ?
> Just wondering to myself, what is the CPU of the machine?
> it's not about maximum but rather using this amount of CPU..
> you will need lots of workers to handle these cores so if you do have a
> SMP that works on these CPU I would start with 3 workers to make sure I
> understand how it all fits together and then go up into the 10 cores...
> since each worker should be able to take about 900 requests per sec.
> 6000 users will be a lot of traffic that should be added little by
> little to see how the load is balanced over the CPU HDD etc.
> Note that the cachemgr interface can give you couple good statistics to
> get started with.
>
> Regards,
> Eliezer
>>

>> -----
>> Dr.x
>> --

hi
thanks alot , seems good start :
i will start it and giver u reply and result ,

about ur question above ,
my machine features :

Feature
PowerEdge R720 technical specification
Form factor 2U rack
Processors Intel ® Xeon ® processor E5-2600 product family
Processor sockets 2
 Internal interconnect2 x Intel QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) links; 6.4
GT/s; 7.2 GT/s; 8.0 GT/s
 Cache 2.5MB per core; core options: 2, 4, 6, 8
Chipset Intel C600