[squid-users] parent proxy setup

From: Monah Baki <monahbaki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 07:40:35 -0500

Hi all,

I have 2 servers a CentOS 6.4 and FreeBSD 9.2, both running squid
3.3.8. The CentOS however is configured as follows:

cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 80 0 no-query no-digest
never_direct allow all

x.x.x.x is the IP address of my FreeBSD

I can browse the internet fine, except https://facebook.com. I am able
to authenticate, but after that, site does not load, images some show
up and some do not, and if I refresh sometimes, the page goes blank
and nothing shows up.

I also see issues with cnn.com, the area where the live tv is missing,
it's blank.

If I change the proxy to my FreeBSD directly, all works fine.

Any ideas?