Re: [squid-users] Re: load tpoxy wccp on multiple interfaces by smp ?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 14:51:01 +0200

On 11/03/2013 02:25 PM, Dr.x wrote:
> Feature
> *============================================
> PowerEdge R720 technical specification
> Form factor 2U rack
> Processors Intel ® Xeon ® processor E5-2600 product family
> Processor sockets 2
> Internal interconnect2 x Intel QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) links; 6.4
> GT/s; 7.2 GT/s; 8.0 GT/s
> Cache 2.5MB per core; core options: 2, 4, 6, 8
> Chipset Intel C600
> ============================================*
I assume it's the 8 cores and doubles the threads which is probably what
you do have in hands.

"cat /proc/cpuinfo"
should give the exact model of the CPU.
so if it's 2 SOCKETS it means 16 real cores with shared 2.5MB cache per
couple cores unless there are new CPUs out there that INTEL doesn't
provide data on.

it's a very powerful machine!!
16 cores should handle about 11-12k requests per sec and even more
without any slowdown from the CPU and ram.
when it comes to HDD it's another levels of speed which slows down
couple things.

Again adding little by little users on this monster should give you the
bigger picture on how to manage this beast.

Eliezer