Re: [squid-users] caching problem in squid 3.2 vs 3.1

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:10:09 +0200

Hey Ayham,

(notes in the mail)
On 11/06/2013 03:15 PM, Ayham Abou Afach wrote:
> Hi Amos
> I am trying to make the test but i have very busy caches so i cant do
> the test on productive environment . we are installing a testing
> environment . any way there is an old post for the same problem and
> there is there any answer ????
>
> squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Caching-in-3-2-vs-3-1-td4472480.html#a4662974

I assume that your clients using one of these
browsers(firefox,chrome,iexporer,wget) or any other but to understand
the source of what is going on there is a need to first fetch a url then
check it from the server side to the client side.
http://redbot.org/

should give a positive answer to whether the server is forcing some kind
of situation on the cache or it's another issue related to cache algorithm.
Note that there are many websites that do support cache and you can see
what happens in the client side using SHIFT-F5 on firefox to get a
developer console.
Also note that there are times that the cache decision to not response
with a TCP_HIT or TCP_MEM_HIT doesn't mean that there is no cache in use.
 From my experience with browsers they do use CACHE while it's not a
centralized cache the Centralized cache like squid helps to get the goal
which is less traffic\requests.
If you do have a heavy load\traffic site I can try to take small peek
and tell you if I see some basic analytics on the website.

Eliezer