[squid-users] newbie: squid does not block https sites on blacklist

From: info <info_at_tonyspcrepairs.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 23:07:28 -0000

I'm running centos6 server 64 bit with squid 3.3 as a transparent proxy
server and I'm using a blacklist. I installed squid from the tarball with
'--enable ssl' and the program starts fine.
The blacklist is working for http sites but not for https sites. The
relevant lines I have in squid.conf are:

acl squid-gambling dstdomain -i "/etc/squid/blacklists/squid-gambling.acl"
acl SSL_ports port 443
http_access deny squid-gambling
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

is there a way to verify whether the ssl portion of squid is actually
working?
if my config is wrong, can anyone show me the correct method? I've searched
on google for ages but can't find a solution.