[squid-users] Re: Cannot get basic_ldap_auth to work with AD

From: Brig <rdyz4me_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 15:25:17 -0800 (PST)

Yes I compiled Squid myself on Ubuntu.

Our SA is pretty good so I would expect he has installed all the updates on
the M$ machine.

Not sure why you need netstat cuz as far as I can tell based on the results
of test #3 and #4 above with ldapsearch it appears that AD is working and I
can get info out of it using ldapsearch.

Here is the relevant netstat line though:

 UDP 10.0.0.12:389 *:* 600

I know we have the "Openfire IM Server" running on Linux successfully
authenticating against this AD server so I know that it 'should' work. In
fact when I started trying to get AD to work I essentially borrowed as much
of the LDAP config from the Openfire environment as I could to get started
yet so far no luck . . .

Thx!

Brig