[squid-users] Re: Cannot get basic_ldap_auth to work with AD

From: Andrey <andrew_dev_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 15:43:22 -0800 (PST)

Ok hmm...

One more thing, did you follow this one:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Ldap#Windows_2003_Active_Directory_adjustments

Because I use now the U13.10 version with Ubuntu's Squid 3.3.8 from
repository, and Windows 2008 R2 AD. It is working good. However, as far as I
know there some differences between w2k3 AD and w2k8 AD.

Moreover, if Openfire IM Server is working with w2k3, look the LDAP
configuration of OpenFire. Maybe there some useful options.

If it is does not help, and if I was on your place I would take the 13.04
13.10 (VirtualBox) for test propose and install default Squid from
repository to try connect it to your w2k3. If it will work just search where
is the difference. By 12.04 I got the same connection problem as you have
now. I did not solve it.

By the way I got Idea during typing this message. The Squid 3.2.+ use by
requests the IPv6, maybe U11.04 does not provide such support?