[squid-users] Re: Cannot get basic_ldap_auth to work with AD

From: Brig <rdyz4me_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:46:08 -0800 (PST)

Thx but that did not change anything. I first tried changing all single
quotes to double quotes and had same effect. Then based on your comment
about white space I removed all quotes and relied on white space and still
no change.

I have tried every solution I can find on the Internet w/o any luck. The
only thing that sounds plausible at this point is the password issue Peter
pointed out.

One of the accounts that we use has an exclamation mark '!' in the password
and the other account has a question mark '?' and a slash / in the password.

I requested a new account with a password of only alphanumeric yet have not
received word back yet on it.

Do you concur that either of these non alphanumeric characters in the
passwords could be the issue? ldapsearch seems to be ok with the passwords
yet maybe they affect the basic_ldap_auth helper program?

Thx!

Brig