Re: [squid-users] Slow internet navigation squid vs blue coat

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:57:43 +0100

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Michele Mase' <michele.mase_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Problem: internet navigation is extremely slow.
> I've used squid from 1999 with no problems at all; during last month,
> one proxy gave me a lot of troubles.
> First we upgraded the system, from RHEL5.x - squid 2.6.x to RHEL6.x
> squid3.4.x with no improvements.
> Second, we have bypassed the Trend Micro Interscan proxy (the parent
> proxy) without success.
> Third: I do not know what to do.
> So what should be done?
> Some configuration improvements (sysctl/squid)?
> Could it be a network related problem? (bandwidth/delay/MTU/other)?

Hi Michele,
  "extremely slow" is quite a poor indication, unfortunately. Can you
measure it? e.g. by using apachebench (ab) or squidclient to measure
the time download a large file and a small file through the proxy from
a local source and from a remote source. Then repeating the same from
the box where Squid runs and then from a different box.

Think about what has remained unchanged since when there was no
performance problems: e.g. network cables, switches, routers etc.

   Kinkie