Re: [squid-users] Slow internet navigation squid vs blue coat

From: Pavel Kazlenka <pavel.kazlenka_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:56:25 +0300

Hi,

Just want to put my two pennies in. 'Slow' internet navigation through
squid is often observed in case of incorrect DNS server settings on
squid box. Often issues are:
- ipv6 DNS queries are performed first;
- first DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf is not responsible.

Both of these cases give plus 5-7 seconds to each request (dns request
time-out). So I'd recommend to make sure that DNS is not an issue here.

The easiest way to find out the place where delay is added is to sniff
request-response on squid box. Capture will show you what part of the
path adds delay.

Best wishes,
Pavel